Springtime awakening of nature gives many sources of vitamins, allowing you to recover from the winter. Many people are interested in the benefits and harm of birch sap - a popular drink that appears in large quantities. It attracts the opportunity to drink it directly after fresh delivery from the forest and to make winter preparations in order to preserve the valuable properties of life-giving moisture.
Transparent drops that appear in the spring from bark cuts and have a light sweetish taste - this is the famous birch sap, famous for its many beneficial properties.
Collect it, both by amateur methods and on an industrial scale. For two weeks while juice is flowing, people try to drink a priceless, natural, refreshing cocktail fresh. Analyzing the information prescribing when to collect birch sap, you need to focus on the period of early spring, while the swollen buds have not yet begun to bloom.
In order to fully utilize the beneficial properties of birch sap, it is necessary to carefully select the collection place. Birches should not grow closer than 50 meters from highways. Trees within the city are not suitable as a source of vitamin drink.
In an ecologically clean place, adult birch is picked (with a diameter of more than 30 cm) and a hole is made in the bark to a depth of maximum 2 cm. In order not to weaken the trees, take about 2 to 3 liters of unique liquid from each specimen and cover the wound with a garden pitch.
The most suitable option would be birch, which grows not in lowlands, but on a hillock. Instead of drilling a hole, you can cut one of the fairly thick branches at a height of about 2 meters from the surface. The tubule is fixed in the wound, along which the life-giving moisture drains into the container. A signal to the end of the collection season is the full lining of the crown.
If you analyze the composition of birch sap, you can understand what is its value.
Calorie per 100 ml. natural drink is 12 - 24 kcal. The structural formula contains carbohydrates (58 g / l), proteins (0.8 - 1, 1 g / l), ash (0.4-0.6 g / l).
The composition of the following elements:
- organic acids necessary to maintain acid-base balance,
- tannins, providing bactericidal, anti-inflammatory qualities,
- essential oils that have a beneficial effect on the body’s self-regulation mechanisms,
- glucose, fructose,
- immunity-enhancing phytoncides,
- minerals: manganese, potassium, iron, silicon, sodium. Presents iodine, magnesium, aluminum, titanium.
Birch sap contains various vitamins: A, C, B1-7, B9, B12, B17. There are in the structural formula of the spring drink and vitamin varieties: D, H, P, E.
The presence of saponins, which cause a diuretic, tonic, expectorant effect, is important.
How is birch sap useful for the body?
For a long time, the benefits of birch sap for the human body have been known, which consists in facilitating well-being in the following conditions:
- dysfunction of the hematopoietic and cardiovascular system,
- cold, sore throat,
- depressive states
- some (excluding ulcers) diseases of the gastrointestinal tract,
- skin lesions
- migraine, headache,
- reduced immunity
- gout, arthritis, rheumatism.
Birch juice is useful for hair as a means of stopping their loss and returning a healthy shine. To achieve a similar result, it is daily rubbed into the hair roots. It is advisable to perform such a manipulation twice a day.
Ladies of all ages can use birch sap for the face as a liquid for daily washing. After such procedures, pigment spots are lightened, the skin is refreshed. You can freeze small cubes. I use them for morning care and evening rubbing of the face, neck and décolleté skin.
Due to the low calorie content, this drink will give the opportunity to get rid of a few unwanted pounds, if you arrange with him a two-day unloading every week.
Due to the antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties, birch sap treatment of various infections will be effective.
Drinking a vitamin light drink has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the liver and gallbladder. It improves cardiovascular activity.
Marked ability to normalize digestion. After taking the juice, constipation gradually disappears. Purification of harmful toxins and toxins on the body occurs gently and does not cause discomfort. Due to its diuretic properties, the product helps to reduce edema.
They drink birch sap in diabetes, because it allows to level the deficiency of vitamins, has a strengthening effect on blood vessels and regulates the level of glucose.
Methods of admission
How and how much can you drink on the day of birch sap to feel the beneficial effects:
- For colds, mix in half a glass of healing agent and heated milk. Add a teaspoon of starch. A glass of such a mixture the patient drinks daily, until there is an improvement.
- The cure of the common cold is accelerated if every day you use pure birch nectar (200 ml.).
- To fill the vitamin deficiency drink two weeks a unique gift of nature in a fresh glass.
- Used birch sap for the kidneys, facilitating the removal of sand. In this situation, after the doctor's permission, they drink fresh nectar a glass three times a day. Such a measure is an effective prevention of the formation of stones.
- Three times daily use of 100 ml. valuable juice helps to get rid of anemia.
- To cope with bronchitis in a glass of natural healing drink add a teaspoon of honey. Drink this tool up to four times a day, until they stop coughing.
It is known the use of birch sap as a stimulator of purification from slags. To solve this problem, it is advisable to drink every morning on an empty stomach every morning for a glass of healthy balm.
Cleansing qualities become a priority if you use birch sap for weight loss and return to the figure of fit and slimness.
Birch sap for children is better to start giving after the baby is one year old. The first portions should not exceed 40 ml. The volume is increased gradually, bringing the daily portion to 100 ml.
Juice in the diet of pregnant and lactating women
Considering the environmental safety and the undoubted benefit of the natural gift, doctors do not prohibit birch sap during pregnancy unless there are general contraindications. The use of this drink helps to relieve swelling. The future mother and the developing fetus receive important microelements for development.
Birch sap brings some benefit when breastfeeding, helping to strengthen the protective mechanisms.
Considering the contraindications of birch sap, it should be noted that the list is quite short.
It is not recommended to drink if a stomach ulcer is diagnosed. It will not be possible to enjoy the cool taste of a beloved by many natural gift in the presence of an allergy to pollen during the beginning of the flowering of birch trees.
How to save birch sap
Based on the short duration of the sap flow, it is natural to ask how to keep birch sap at home. This is due to the desire to obtain a therapeutic effect throughout the year. Just collected drink in the refrigerator costs a maximum of two days.
You can save the healing properties of birch sap, if you quickly freeze it immediately after collection.
Preservation of birch sap is widespread in ways that involve heat treatment. This technique ensures the safety of many useful elements, but the healing qualities are lost.
Procurement for the future
Prepare a unique birch sap for the winter by preservation can be according to different recipes.
- The easiest way is to roll up the juice warmed to 90 ° C in sterile jars. The sealed containers are covered with a blanket and left to cool. It turns out completely natural drink.
- If there is a desire to slightly adjust the taste, then after bringing to the boil sugar is put in the juice (per liter - 2 tablespoons) and citric acid is on the tip of the knife. Banks after pouring sterilized for 10 minutes and rolled.
- A delicious syrup is obtained by evaporation of the juice using a water bath. The heating temperature should not exceed 60 ° C. The process continues until two-thirds of the original volume has evaporated. After that, the liquid is poured into pre-sterilized jars that are rolled up.
- Storage of birch sap for almost half a year provides conservation with citrus. It is slightly warmed and sprinkled with sugar (a tablespoon per liter of liquid). Put an orange (the third part of the fruit). You can take a lemon or one-sixth from the slices of both fruits. As soon as bubbles appear in the saucepan at the bottom, the resulting drink is poured and rolled, providing cool conditions for further maintenance.
Delicious and refreshing kvass made from spring birch nectar is appreciated. According to one of the recipes:
- Pour into a glass 20-liter bottle of juice.
- Pour sugar (1 kg.).
- Add a handful of washed raisins.
- The container covered with gauze is kept at home for three days.
- Filter out.
- It is more convenient to store in small vessels, therefore they are poured into plastic bottles, which should have hermetic closures.
- Put in the fridge or carried out in the cellar.
Drink after a week, but a real bouquet of the drink will find after 2 months.
Unexpected is the method of canning, for which they take 3 liters of juice, sugar (3/4 cup), citric acid (a quarter of a teaspoon) and 3 candy sweets with a favorite flavor. Bring to a boil and immediately roll up.
The vitamin component of the birch sap structural formula is significantly enhanced if you add rosehip berries to it (only 10 pieces are required for 3 liters). Additionally, pour in citric acid (a teaspoon), sugar (3 tablespoons). The fire must be slow. Roll up the drink immediately, as soon as boiling begins.
For preparation for the future:
- In 30 liters of fresh birch juice pour sugar (150 g).
- Dilute rye flour in half a glass of juice (100 g) and pour into the solution.
- Leave to ferment for a week, maintaining an ambient temperature of 18 degrees.
- Store in the cellar.
In any form, birch sap will please not only with a delicate taste, but also bring benefits to your well-being. For this it has long been valued and has not lost its relevance so far.
On the benefits and contraindications of noni juice read here.
What is birch sap
Natural drink from the sap of birch tree, called birch sap, birch or birch raw, is not only a useful and tasty means of quenching thirst. From ancient times, it was harvested and preserved every spring, so that later throughout the year it can be used for medicinal or cosmetic purposes. Other birch parts also have healing properties. The buds or leaves of the tree, along with other medicinal plants, are often added to infusions or decoctions, are widely used in phytotherapeutic recipes.
How to collect
The harvest time of birch sap falls on the period of thaw. Depending on the weather conditions, it falls on the middle or the end of February, or in March. The process is completed when the first buds appear. The liquid collected later will not bring harm, but its taste and beneficial properties are significantly reduced from the moment of formation of leaf buds on the branches.
A more intensive flow of the juices inside the tree occurs in the daytime, therefore it is better to collect them before dark. First, choose the northern side of the trunks growing on the southern and sunny edges, gradually delving deeper into the grove or forest as the daytime temperatures rise. The notch height is chosen at the level of 50–60 cm from the ground. There is no need to make deep holes, not only to save the life of the tree, but also because the juice moves in the space between the trunk and the bark. The following rules apply when collecting liquids:
- Young trees with thin trunks do not use.
- Immediately after the collection is completed, the slot made as it should be smeared with soap, wax, or garden broth. This helps to avoid the development in the hole of the process of rotting and other lesions, to save the tree life. In the absence of the funds listed, a small live branch is inserted into the slot and is lined with moss. Swollen under the influence of juice, it will not allow fluid to leak to the surface of the trunk, to provoke the processes of destruction of the cortex.
- Extraction of raw material can be carried out in the following ways: a groove is fixed to the notch, at the end of which a collecting container is placed. When using the second option, insert the tip from the drip system into the hole in the barrel about 5 cm deep, lower its other end into the container. The most inefficient is the gathering of birch trees from stumps in areas of cuttings (according to the described technologies), from cut off young branches, the ends of which are wrapped with plastic bags to collect valuable liquid.
Features storage at home
It is better to collect and store birch in glass containers to prevent substances from the composition of plastic containers from entering the liquid. The shelf life of an uncanned product in the refrigerator is 72 hours. After three days, raw birch becomes cloudy, fermentation begins and the accompanying gassing. You can make kvass, a carbonated drink with raisins or birch house wine from such raw materials. In order to preserve the beneficial properties of natural birch for a long time, during the first three days after harvesting it is frozen or preserved.
Why is birch sap useful?
The benefits of birch sap are explained by its chemical composition. In the spring, the body, which is weakened by avitaminosis, needs an additional source of vitamins and microelements; birch sap copes well with this role. Its use helps to overcome chronic fatigue, increases the overall tone of the body, relieves such symptoms of nervous and physical fatigue as increased nervousness and irritability. Folk healers recommend this drink as a means of combating prolonged stress and seasonal depression.
Chemical and vitamin-mineral composition
Berezovitsa is distinguished by its high content of microelements, vitamins, organic acids and phytoncides - substances exhibiting antimicrobial, antibacterial activity. The liquid contains a large amount of invert sugar, in equal proportions combining glucose, fructose and sucrose, as well as the following compounds:
- essential oil,
- urea derivatives
- vitamins of groups C and B,
The beneficial properties of birch sap are valuable because of the therapeutic effects of the drink. Regular dosed use of this fluid in most cases does not cause any harm to health and helps to achieve the following beneficial effects:
- Get rid of beriberi.
- To cope with edema (due to a pronounced diuretic effect).
- To raise the level of hemoglobin in the blood (for this purpose the drink is used along with beet and apple natural juices).
- To lose weight (caloric content of the drink is 24 kcal per 100 ml, while it accelerates the metabolic processes).
- Overcome acne, acne, normalize the work of the skin sebaceous glands (when applied topically).
- Accelerate the healing of wounds and other injuries of the skin through the activation of regenerative processes in the upper and deep layers of epithelial tissue (when applied topically).
What diseases are indicated for?
Berezovitsa has an anti-inflammatory, diuretic, blood-purifying effect, its use has an antioxidant, tonic, tonic effect. Traditional healers and specialists of traditional medicine recommend it as an auxiliary or prophylactic agent for the treatment of the following conditions and diseases:
- Violations of the gastrointestinal tract. Relieves cramps, colic, normalizes the liver, gallbladder, stomach. Restores intestinal microflora, healthy appetite.
- Diseases of the respiratory system. In case of tuberculosis, pneumonia and bronchitis, the composition has an expectorant, anti-inflammatory effect, softens the damaged mucous membranes of the throat.
- Diseases of the urinary system. The drink is used for urolithiasis. Promotes crushing of stones, their removal. You can use the drink only with permission and under the supervision of your doctor.
- Metabolic disorders. It is used as part of herbal medicine for some forms of diabetes, but only in strict accordance with medical prescriptions and under the supervision of specialists.
- Intoxication. The tool helps to minimize harm after poisoning, helps to normalize the water-salt balance, removes toxins and decomposition products of harmful compounds (including ethyl alcohol), restores lost energy reserves.
- Avitaminosis. Birch raw is recommended to drink with a weakened immunity, for the prevention of viral and respiratory diseases in the autumn-winter period, with a deficiency of vitamins and minerals in late spring and early summer.
- Anemia. To restore the normal level of iron, it is recommended to drink from 3 to 6 glasses of natural birch per day. If there are contraindications, this dosage may be harmful to health, therefore, the application should be coordinated with the doctor.
- Rheumatic diseases (arthritis, arthrosis, sciatica, rheumatism, gout). Used as a systemic remedy (taken orally) or as a topical medication for external use (compresses, lotions).
- Presumably there is a benefit from taking birch sap in the treatment of cancer.
Birch sap from cholesterol
The use of natural birch juice prevents the growth of cholesterol. Vegetable saponins contained in the drink inhibit the process of assimilation of harmful cholesterol, counteracts the formation of plaques in the lumen of blood vessels. Regular intake of one to two glasses of birch a day after 10–14 days normalizes blood pressure. In addition, in small quantities, the tool can be added to dairy or dairy products, the benefits of the application will come a little later, but will be no less noticeable.
How to apply birch sap
The benefit from the use of birch sap comes only if the rules for its use are observed. In some cases, uncontrolled self-medication can cause serious harm to the patient's health. Therefore, before taking a drink, you should consult with your doctor, especially when it comes to the treatment of severe dangerous pathologies, such as diabetes or urolithiasis.
How much can you eat per day
Abuse of birch sap will not only not bring visible benefits to the body, but also is fraught with an aggravation of the condition or deterioration of the general well-being of even a healthy person. In order not to cause harm to yourself, it is necessary to obtain and strictly follow medical recommendations. The following rules apply to general rules:
- As a preventive measure, birch drink can be taken in long courses (up to 2 months) but in small quantities - 100–150 ml once a day.
- Universal therapeutic dosage - 250 ml 3 times per day. May be adjusted by a specialist, depending on the condition of the patient.
- In the acute stages of the disease and in diabetes mellitus, it is diluted with water before use.
- When therapeutic courses with a large dosage in the treatment must take breaks for a period of 7 to 20 days.
Can I drink for children
The drink will bring undoubted benefits to children aged from one year (until it is achieved, pediatricians do not recommend giving birch raw to the child). Doctors recommend introducing canned juice into the baby’s diet in diluted form, in small portions (1 teaspoon per day), and give clean birchwood after three years of age. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 100 ml. The tool helps:
- fill the deficiency of microelements and vitamins,
- strengthen tooth enamel, bone tissue,
- enhance natural immunity, minimize harm from past viral and infectious diseases,
- improve baby's appetite
The use of natural birch juice should not cause serious harm to the body of a pregnant woman, and the product does not threaten the development of the fetus either. The total amount of fluid consumed by a woman when carrying a baby should be limited, so you should not abuse the drink, especially in case of diseases of the stomach or kidneys. In reasonable quantities (1-2 cups per day) the use of this tool can be beneficial, as it will contribute to the following favorable factors:
- relieving symptoms of toxicosis (reducing the severity of nausea and vomiting),
- normalization of blood pressure
- removal of edema (due to the diuretic effect of the drink),
- normalization of metabolic processes.
During lactation, a drink rich in vitamins and minerals can also benefit a female body weakened by pregnancy and childbirth. It should be aware of the allergenic properties of this product, eat raw gently and gradually, carefully monitoring the reaction of the baby. If there are signs of an allergy in a child, taking Berezovitsy should be stopped in order to avoid harming the skin and the failure of the immune system.
What are the healing qualities of birch sap
The benefit of birch sap is great, because it contains a lot of minerals, vitamin C, tannins, volatile production and essential oils. On hot days, it invigorates, quenches thirst thanks to a pleasant light taste and replenishes the supply of mineral salts that a person loses when sweating.
It is curious that in the USA and Great Britain lately the interest in this drink has increased, having displaced another popular tonic - coconut water.
It is the saponins that are responsible for most of the beneficial properties of the native Russian drink.
- Throat diseases: cough, sore throat. For treatment, it is necessary to take warmed birch sap mixed with milk and starch. It is recommended daily to drink a glass of such a drink until recovery.
- To improve the performance of the gastrointestinal tract. This spring nectar stimulates the secretion of gastric juice and enzymes necessary for normal digestion. Birch sap normalizes stools, relieves constipation.
- To relieve inflammation in the mouth and prevent tooth decay, this juice can be rinsed out of the mouth. Gathered to drink a glass of juice? Just hold it for a few seconds in your mouth before swallowing. Unlike many fruit juices, rich in acids, this drink does not damage tooth enamel.
- Helps to get rid of migraines and headaches.
- When a cold of any origin, especially chronic, should be taken daily to a glass of pure birch nectar. Natural anti-inflammatory compounds will expel the disease from your body in no time.
- Edema caused by impaired kidney function, stones and sand in the kidneys and gall bladder also give way under the influence of birch sap. It has diuretic properties, but it is possible to drink with such diseases only with the permission of a physician.
- If you have already received the approval of your doctor, you can drink one glass three times a day for two weeks, but not longer.
- Long healing wounds, ulcers, abrasions must be treated with undiluted liquid. Its beneficial properties contribute to the rapid tightening of open lesions on the skin.
- It is recommended as a maintenance agent for people with anemia and other blood diseases.
- With a sharp rise in body temperature helps balm from birch sap, sugar, wine and finely chopped lemon. All this is required to insist in a dark place for three months.
- Helps to cope with spring depression and vitamin deficiency. To do this, for two weeks every day, drink a glass of healing liquid.
- Birch sap contributes to the removal of toxic substances from the kidneys and liver - European healers knew this in the 12th century. To check on its cleansing properties, you need to drink 200 ml each morning before breakfast. The course of treatment will require 4-6 weeks and 6-8 liters of healing liquid.
- Fresh tree sap is an excellent diet drink, it absolutely does not contain proteins, fats. If you have already started working on yourself and have lost a few kilograms, but then weight has stagnated, include this useful liquid in your diet.
For therapeutic and preventive purposes, the drink should be consumed in a glass for about a month. Preliminary medical consultation is required!
Rinsing hair with birch sap makes hair stronger, restores the water balance of the scalp, prevents dandruff. You can make lotion with honey and rub it into the hair roots. Also, a mask of birch nectar, brandy and decoction of burdock root helps hair loss. It is applied for 15-20 minutes, then washed off with warm water.
In Scandinavia, this drink is considered an excellent tool for nourishing and rejuvenating the skin. With it, women cope with the first signs of aging.
- To get rid of acne, it is necessary to put on the skin a mask consisting of egg white, birch sap and honey. To prevent acne, wipe your face with undiluted liquid in the morning and evening.
- To preserve the healing qualities of the drink, you can freeze it in the form of ice cubes. If necessary, wipe the skin of their face, neck and decollete.
- For smoothing fine wrinkles, a cream mask of 2 tbsp is suitable. l birch nectar, 50 g of sprouted wheat and 200 g of grated sea buckthorn.
- For dry skin will be useful mask of tree sap and honey in a 1: 1 ratio.
These masks are applied to cleansed face, and after 15 minutes, washed off with warm water.
Healthy drinks based on birch sap
- Birch kvass. For him, mixed juice, a few raisins and sugar at the rate of 2 tsp. per liter.
- Multivitamin juice. The drink goes well with natural citrus juices.
Juice must be stored in the refrigerator, but not more than two days.
- Birch syrup. Obtained by the method of evaporation of the liquid. It can be added to compote, tea or plain water. But finding it on sale is more difficult than, for example, maple syrup.
Harm of birch sap and list of contraindications
If you like tasty and healthy liquids, feel free to drink birch sap. The benefits and harms of this drink are not equivalent. Experts estimate its negative effect on the body as weak.
This juice can be drunk for adults and children over one year old, healthy and sick. It is allowed to pregnant and lactating women, especially those who suffer from edema.
Drinking birch sap is not possible with stomach ulcers and allergies to pollen of birch earrings. The reaction in the form of a rash and irritation on the skin is a good reason to refuse to drink.
If you consume excessive amounts of alcohol, are an active or passive smoker, are in a state of stress, take a lot of drugs (such as statins, hypertensors, antidepressants, anti-inflammatory drugs, cortisone and analgesics), and the body's defenses are running out, do not neglect this wonderful gift of nature.
The composition of birch sap
The composition of birch sap includessugars (fructose, glucose, sucrose), organic acids, enzymes and substances with high antimicrobial activity (phytoncides). There is also a lot of birch sap and mineral elements that are required by a weakened body in spring hypovitaminosis. After drinking the birch sap, we replenish the body with potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, iron, manganese, and copper.
Properties of birch sap
- Since the composition of birch sap includes enzymes and biological stimulants - it strengthens the immune system.
- Potassium calcium, magnesium contained in birch sap is essential for normal heart function.
- Tanning substances of birch sap - have anti-inflammatory effect.
- Easily digestible sugars are good for the brain.
The properties of birch sap make it an indispensable aid for the healing of the human body and strengthening the immune system.
What is the use of birch sap
Spring birch sapcan be considered one of the best dietary products. Systematicreception of birch saphas a tonic effect. If you drink at least a glass of birch sap a day, you will feel energetic and energetic. Drowsiness, depression, fatigue will disappear.
The benefits of birch sapand in that birch sap is a good general tonic for a variety of diseases. Among other things, it has a diuretic effect, stimulates kidney function.Birch juicepromotes the excretion of uric acid, increases diuresis. It is useful for people with kidney and urinary tract infections.Birch juicestrengthens the strengths of those who have lung disease, arthritis or bronchitis. However, people with urolithiasis and a stomach ulcer should consult a doctor before expecting benefits from consuming birch sap.
Birch sap is recommended to drinkwith skin problems - eczema, lichen, furunculosis.Birch sap rinsethroat with sore throat, proven benefitbirch sapwith complex treatment of headache, cough, diseases of the joints.Birch sapinherent ability to purify the blood and remove toxic substances, so it is realuse of birch sapwith intoxication of the body. AlsoBirch juicerelieves the condition of infectious diseases.
Surelyuse of birch sapit is obvious, but it is worth understanding: this juice is not a medicine, but a good supporting means donated by nature, which should be used in complex treatment.
Harm of birch sap
Birch sap can be harmful if: collected near highways, collected in the city, in a place with unfavorable ecology. Also, birch sap can be harmful to those who are allergic to birch pollen!
The benefits of birch sap - popular recipes
What does birch sap treat, how to treat with birch sap, for what diseases birch sap treats. Birch sap treatment recipes were collected and preserved by our ancestors. The people were often treated with birch sap.
Anemia - treatment with birch sap
Birch sap contains a large amount of vitamins, trace elements, including iron and natural sugar, so it is indicated with a reduced level of hemoglobin.
Mix fresh birch sap in equal proportions with apple, carrot or beetroot and you will receive a tool that effectively increases hemoglobin. Take 50 ml (this is about 1 stack) 15 minutes before meals 3 times a day, during the whole time of birch sap flow.
Low immunity - treatment with birch sap
Perfectly helps to raise the immunity of the drink, consisting of birch sap, milk (in equal proportions) and with the addition of a small amount of starch.
Tumors - treatment with birch sap
In the presence of various tumors, traditional medicine recommends mixing 2 parts of birch sap with 2 parts of yarrow herb juice, 2 parts of carrot juice, 1 part of hemlock herb juice, 1 part of hypericum herb juice, and 1 part of white-leaf herb grass juice. Take 1 tablespoon in the morning on an empty stomach, squeezed milk, and 1 tablespoon at night, also squeezed milk.
Diseases of the digestive system - treatment with birch sap
With heartburn and gastritis with low acidity, biliary tract dyskinesia, peptic ulcer exacerbation, with meteorism and chronic pancreatic inflammation, birch sap is taken as follows: 50 ml each time in pure form or diluted with warm boiled water in a 2: 1 ratio.
High pressure treatment with birch sap
With hypertension with high blood pressure, accompanied by edema, heart pain, headache and dizziness, drink 1/2 cup of birch sap 2 times a day. Juice acts as a mild diuretic that removes excess moisture from the body.
Vascular and joint diseases - treatment with birch sap
The diuretic function of birch sap, together with the anti-inflammatory effect, makes it possible to consider it as a good remedy for arthritis, arthritis, gout, rheumatism, varicose leg disease, and trophic ulcers. In this case, the juice should be drunk 50 ml in pure form or diluted with water in a ratio of 2: 1, 3 times a day, half an hour before meals. The effect of therapy will increase if you drink a glass of warm milk on an empty stomach and before bedtime.
Pulmonary diseases - treatment with birch sap
With bronchitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis, the birch sap is drunk as follows: 75-100 ml 2 times a day. In case of catarrhal diseases (pharyngitis, laryngitis) and with sore throat birch sap, in a clean or diluted form with warm water, it is useful on an empty stomach and after every meal to rinse the throat. At high temperatures, birch sap can also be used as a local antipyretic, either alone or with cold water (2: 1). Gauze or cotton flaps are moistened in the juice, slightly squeezed and placed on the elbows, armpits and in the inguinal areas, under the knees, wrapping the ankles and wrists and changing as they dry until the temperature of the patient subsides.
Skin diseases - treatment with birch sap
As an external remedy, birch sap is used for eczema, neurodermatitis, psoriasis, furunculosis, acne, fungal diseases and poorly healing wounds. In these cases, birch sap is used in the form of washes, rubbing, lotions, compresses on problem areas and places. The external effect of juice can be duplicated by its oral intakes in pure form, 75-100 ml before meals and overnight.
Diseases of the genitourinary system - treatment with birch sap
For kidney disease - chronic pyelonephritis, the presence of sand or small pebbles - birch sap should be drunk daily on an empty stomach, 1 cup undiluted.
When urolithiasis and gallstone disease, birch sap should be taken with caution, first finding out the composition and size of stones. Otherwise, being a strong “stone-burning” agent, birch sap can drive a large stone into a narrow duct and provoke colic. However, this applies only to oxalic and uric acid stones. But the phosphate and carbonate stones of birch sap, on the contrary, dissolve, but for this you need to drink it for at least 3 months 1 glass on an empty stomach and an hour before bedtime.
Hair loss - treatment with birch sap
If you began to notice that your hair is weak and began to fall out, then stopping this process will help rubbing into the scalp a mixture of birch sap with vodka and a decoction of burdock root in equal parts. It helps birch sap to fight dandruff, for this you need to wash your hair with birch sap.
Composition, benefits and harm of birch sap
Birch sap has a beneficial effect on the body
The benefit of this drink is due to a large number of nutrients, vitamins and trace elements, so that it has a beneficial effect on almost all body systems.
The chemical composition of birch sap is varied. It contains natural sugars, essential oils, volatile production and other substances.
100 g of a lively drink contains essential oils, tannins, natural acids, saponins and other bioactive substances.
Fats in the product are absent, and the protein content is minimal, so the caloric content of 100 ml of juice is only 8 calories.
Regular consumption of birch nectar has the following effects on the body:
- cleans the kidneys, improves the urinary system, eliminates stones,
- normalizes the activity of the digestive tract, facilitates the processes of digestion and assimilation of heavy food,
- suppresses inflammatory and infectious processes,
- eliminates vitamin deficiency, depression and insomnia, a beneficial effect on the activity of the nervous system,
- activates the immune system,
- removes slags and toxins, has an antioxidant effect,
- tones the body, improves performance and relieves chronic fatigue,
- heals wounds and cuts, slows down the aging process, supports healthy skin, hair and nails.
Juice is useful for women: it relieves inflammation of the genitourinary system, eliminates oily skin, reduces the number of skin rashes
For women, birch sap is primarily beneficial in that it normalizes the function of the urogenital system, relieves inflammation, and, thanks to the content of phytoncides (natural antibiotics), fights against pathogenic microorganisms. Diseases of the urogenital system, due to the special structure of the urethra, are more common in women than in men, and with regular use of birch sap the risk of such pathologies is significantly reduced. In addition, the product is often used in cosmetology to eliminate the oily skin and hair, reduce wrinkles and rashes.
During pregnancy, the drink normalizes kidney function, relieves swelling, toxicosis and blood pressure surges (common problems among expectant mothers), while breastfeeding increases the amount of milk and improves its quality.
In men, drinking a drink will normalize blood sugar levels, restore metabolism, and improve the activity of the sex glands.
The representatives of the stronger sex birch sap is often used to improve sexual function. Useful substances that are part of the product, contribute to the normalization of blood sugar and body weight, restore metabolism and cleanse the blood of toxins, thereby improving the production of testosterone. This contributes to an increase in potency, libido and activity of the sex glands, which produce seminal fluid.
Juice stimulates immunity, replaces carbonated beverages and reduces the risk of obesity and destruction of tooth enamel in babies.
In childhood, birch sap will be an excellent substitute for harmful carbonated drinks, to which all kids are not indifferent. It contains natural sugar and acids, due to which the risk of obesity, destruction of the gastric mucosa and tooth enamel when it is used is practically absent. In addition, the drink is rich in vitamin C, stimulates the immune system and protects against colds. It is best to give children juice, which was collected independently in early spring - after a long winter, the body especially needs an increased amount of vitamins and minerals.
There are no direct contraindications to the use of birch sap - it is an absolutely natural product that does not cause serious harm to health.
With caution, this drink should be used by people with urolithiasis and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract - due to the presence of organic acids and a diuretic effect in them, they can exacerbate the pathological process.
In diabetes, especially in severe form, before drinking birch sap, you should consult with your doctor.
In people who are allergic to pollen of flowering birch, it can cause unwanted body reactions.
Juice should be drunk with caution and no more than three glasses a day.
The optimal amount of birch sap for healthy people is 1 cup per day, as much as possible you can drink 2-3 cups.
Before drinking, it is necessary to take into account all the important nuances of the use of the product and the state of human health.
- When pregnancy. In the absence of allergies and normal tolerance of the drink, birch sap can be consumed at any time. In the first trimester, it will rid you of toxicosis and will become a good source of vitamin C, and in later periods it will normalize body weight, blood sugar levels and the work of the urinary system. The main thing is to comply with the measure and not get carried away with the product too much: expectant mothers are advised to drink no more than a glass a day.
- When breastfeeding. During breastfeeding, birch sap can be consumed when the baby is 2 months old. For the first time, it is allowed to drink half a glass of juice diluted with boiled water, and then observe the reaction of the infant. If there are no allergic manifestations or problems with the stool, you can gradually increase the amount of juice and reduce the amount of water. Nursing mothers are advised to drink birch nectar in a glass no more than twice a week.
- For prikorma. Babies under one year old should not be given any juice, including birch (except apple), mother’s milk is the best food and drink in the first months of life. When one is one year old, one can give a child a teaspoon of juice diluted with water in a ratio of 1 to 1. If there is no negative reaction, the volume is gradually increased to a tablespoon 1-2 times a week. Children aged from one to three can be given 100-150 ml of drink 2-3 times a week, and after three years the optimal amount is 1 cup.
- With various diseases. People who suffer from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and biliary system are recommended to take half a cup of pure birch sap daily before meals (can be divided into several doses), the course of treatment is one month. For colds, the optimal dosage is also half a glass, but the liquid should be slightly warmed, add a teaspoon of honey and a slice of lemon, and before swallowing the juice, hold it slightly in the mouth. Inflammatory diseases of the gums, such as gingivitis or periodontitis, are also successfully treated with birch sap - you need to rinse your mouth with a slightly warmed drink 2-3 times a day.
- For weight loss. Birch sap does not possess special fat burning properties, but it is often used in combination with diet and exercise while losing weight. The recipe is simple - you need to drink a glass of birch sap before each meal. It will reduce the appetite and the amount of consumed foods due to the filling of the stomach, as well as provide the body with those vitamins and minerals that are often lacking in the diet. When using birch sap for weight loss, you need to monitor your own condition and the body's reaction - in some people it causes an increase in appetite due to an increase in the concentration of glucose in the blood.
In case of serious acute and chronic diseases, before drinking birch sap, it is better to consult with a specialist. Do not forget that this useful drink can be an addition to the complex treatment of pathologies, but not the main medicine.
Be careful when collecting juice - trees should not die
They collect the liquid at the end of March, when active movement of the juices begins under the bark of birch. When collecting this refreshing drink should be guided by the following instructions:
- Choose the appropriate tools - a screwdriver / electric drill with a drill, an dropper / tube (vinyl or metal) and a container. If there is no screwdriver, then you can use a hammer and a tube that is selected according to the dropper diameter.
- Choose a birch grove away from roads, industrial enterprises, villages and villages. For birch sap, only adult birch with a trunk diameter of 20 cm can be used.
- Drill a hole in a birch at a distance of 20 cm from the ground and a depth of 2-3 cm, after which insert it into the dropper, previously cut at a 45-degree angle.
- With one birch can collect 1 liter of fluid.
- After the end of the collection of juice, the hole must be closed with moss or wax.
If you exceed the rate of fluid collection, make deeper holes or do not cover them after the process is over, the tree may die.
Fresh drink can be stored in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. In order to prepare it for future use, you need to boil the product and roll it into sterilized jars. This juice can be stored for about six months, but you need to keep it in a cool and dark place.
Video replay: the benefits, harm and features of the collection
About the benefits of juice not only in nutrition, but also in cosmetology information can be found on the Internet. I will tell ONLY about its harm. It:
- urolithiasis, and if consumed - drink no more than two glasses a day, looking at the reaction of the body, because if there is an excess of consumption, stones can start moving with severe pain,
- allergic to birch pollen.
And for the future - juice collectors: you can’t cut branches, a small hole is made in birch trees, which are quite old, which then, after completing the sap flow, is smeared with pitch or clogged with a chopper. Then the birch will not suffer and will remain alive. And stored in its pure form, it is only 3 days. Therefore, the surplus can be safely frozen. At the same time all the useful properties are preserved. Drink to health.
Every spring we collect juice from birches under the window. It is very useful and tasty. It is cold, sweet in taste, invigorating. Moreover, he has a short season, I recommend to drink, heals the body. Drink a few cups every day and by the spring you are on high alert!
Birch sap was consumed by my grandmother when she was young when she had acne on her face. But I recently learned from her that they can also wash their heads! Strong hair is guaranteed. My father in the summer heat kills thirst with birch kvass. But we must not forget that it is not necessary to take sap from young birches. Choose a large and healthy birch, from which you can get a sufficient number of liters per day.
Birch sap is a valuable and useful natural product that, when used correctly, will help get rid of various diseases and give health for many years.