Today, women's topic - hot flashes with menopause. One of the characteristic phenomena during this period of a woman's life are hot flashes - sudden bouts of heat, accompanied by excessive sweating, reddening of the skin, and arrhythmia.
They significantly complicate everyday life, because the attack of heat can happen at any time. And not all women know how to reduce these attacks and how to cope with them.
What is hot flashes during menopause
Climax is the gradual extinction of ovarian function, which is also accompanied by hormonal alteration. The age at which changes in reproductive function begin is individual. But, in general, it is usually a period after 45 years.
First of all, the production of estrogen is reduced, the lack of which "triggers" the reflex transfer of thermal impulse in the body. That is, the body regards the hormone deficiency as a kind of anomalous phenomenon, and as a result, the hypothalamus sends a thermal impulse to the body.
As a result, the body temperature rises, and the woman feels a sharp rush of heat. This is accompanied by other unpleasant symptoms.
According to how many tides a woman is experiencing per day, doctors can determine the severity of menopause:
- Less than ten seizures speak of a mild course.
- Ten to twenty tides is moderate.
- More than twenty tides - a severe degree.
Most often, the tides are observed in the evening, as well as at night. It is considered particularly unpleasant night, because because of the intense release of sweat and heat, a person wakes up.
If during the night there are many attacks, then this directly affects the quality of sleep and overall well-being during the day after waking up.
Signs of tide during menopause
Of course, it should be noted that menopause in each of the women is manifested differently, including the tides occur individually. For many, they are in a rather mild form, that is, they almost do not bother. But often it is the tides that give unpleasant feelings to many women, making it difficult to fully work and lead an active social life.
How to recognize the tide? - It has the following characteristic symptoms:
- a feeling of anxiety and a clear foreboding of the impending heat,
- heavy sweating
- nausea and gagging is possible,
- heart rhythm disorder - arrhythmia,
- feeling short of breath,
- after the end of the tide there is a chill.
Such an attack can last from a few seconds to two or three minutes. How long it will last depends on the individual characteristics of the organism.
Sometimes an attack can be delayed for a whole hour, but this is more likely to be a severe case. The intensity of the attack and its duration depends primarily on the health of the body, as well as on the lifestyle that a woman leads.
In particular, the very effect of menopause and the severity of hot flashes is affected by the following:
- Have there been any gynecological operations in the past?
- Are there any hormonal problems that are not related to age-related changes?
- type of nervous system - it is proved that individuals prone to depression or nervousness, endure the period of menopause more difficult,
- the general psychological background in which the woman is - if she often experiences stress, emotional stress, pressure, then in this case, the menopause can be quite difficult.
Thus, the frequency and intensity of hot flashes are influenced by many factors, including psychological ones.
How to ease the tide attack
An attack of heat can be taken by surprise at almost any moment, so it is important to know what measures to take to reduce discomfort during it. What to do at high tide:
- If you feel hot, you should calm down - reduce the feeling of anxiety. This is well helped by so called diaphragmatic breathing - that is, it is necessary to breathe in the stomach. At the same time, inhale and hold the breath for 5-9 seconds, slowly exhale.
- Carry a bottle of water with you to work or walk to refresh yourself during an attack.
- If you are at home, immerse your feet in a basin with hot water - this will allow you to normalize the body's thermoregulation. In this case, the hands need to pull up above his head.
- Well helps and aromatherapy. When the tide comes in, lavender and citrus fruits will help. To do this, you can wear a special aroma vacuum with a few drops of aromatic oil. You can wear it on the neck or in the bag pocket.
How to prevent tides and reduce their unpleasant consequences
It is impossible to talk about full-blown prevention of tides, but you can independently influence the frequency of attacks and their strength, as well as reduce their intensity. That is, observing the following recommendations, you can significantly smooth out the manifestation of unpleasant symptoms:
- An active lifestyle - one of the pledges of health of each person. Sports activities have a positive effect not only on the physiological processes in the body, but also improve the overall psychological state. And, as you know, it also directly affects how difficult menopause is.
- Proper nutrition, which should include plant foods. Refrain from fatty, fried and spicy foods, eliminate alcohol and caffeinated beverages. Drink more water, the rate per day - 1.5-2 liters. In the case of tides, water will be needed in order to restore the water balance after an attack.
- Wear clothes made from natural fabrics, avoiding synthetics. This is due to the fact that natural fabrics have excellent ventilation properties, contribute to the normal heat transfer. Also, given the abundant sweat during an attack, natural tissue will prevent the appearance of an unpleasant bodily smell. Bed linen should also be made of natural fabrics, because most often the attacks occur at night.
- Separately, it should be said about winter clothes - avoid sweaters with high collars. It is better to wear a jacket with a neckline, which can be covered with a scarf to protect from the cold. The scarf will then be easier to remove at the time of the attack, to alleviate the overall condition.
- Watch out for your own psychological health - stress and constant emotional stress only worsen the condition during menopause, increase hot flashes.
Folk remedies at high tides
To alleviate the general condition, as well as to reduce the intensity of attacks of tides, you can refer to proven folk remedies. Of course, there is no such recipe that would help suck up attacks. But some recipes will help to cope with unpleasant symptoms.
Normalize blood pressure and soothe the following drugs:
- Hawthorn flowers - one can make such a folk remedy as an infusion, which will require 400 ml of boiling water, 10 grams of flowers. Insist them in a thermos for about 40 minutes. And you need to drink the infusion half a glass 2-3 times a day 30 minutes before meals.
- Hawthorn fruits - tincture is made from their juice. Freshly squeezed fruit juice is poured with alcohol (in the ratio of 1 to 2).
To insist the fruit should be in a glass container in a dark and warm place for 14 days. Accept inside 40 drops three times a day.
Sage helps with sweating - its juice helps to cope with excessive sweating. This freshly squeezed juice drink 2 tbsp. spoon three times a day. But if there are no fresh plants, then you can drink tea from dry leaves. For this, 1 tbsp. A spoon of sage poured 400 ml of boiling water. Drink this tea three times a day for half a cup. Please note that the bush treatment is 2 weeks, then you need to take a break.
Herbs will help to normalize the psychological state.
To do this, create a herbal collection of lemon balm, blackberry leaves and thyme. It is poured 400 ml of boiling water (based on 2 tablespoons of collection), insist 30 minutes, filter. During the day you need to drink two glasses of this infusion.
First of all, the doctor may prescribe the intake of vitamins - with a bias on vitamins of group B, tocopherol, calcium, potassium, ascorbic acid and magnesium. And for the normalization of hormonal levels can be assigned non-hormonal drugs.
They contain phytoestrogens that can increase the level of natural estrogen in a woman’s body. These supplements are made from natural ingredients, so they are as safe as possible for the body.
Among non-hormonal drugs, Betalanin has proven itself well. The principle of its action is quite similar to the so-called replacement therapy, but, at the same time, it does not have side effects and possible risks to humans.
Currently, the range of non-hormonal drugs to eliminate the symptoms of menopause is huge. The decisive factor in the choice will be the opinion of experts who, having experience with the use of non-hormonal drugs to ease menopause, have concluded: more effective complex drugs (vitamins, minerals, extracts) with a combination of several phytoestrogens in one preparation.
It is important to use specialized drugs designed to eliminate the symptoms of menopause, and not any women's drugs, including to normalize the menstrual cycle, eliminate premenstrual syndrome.
Recently, the non-hormonal biocomplex Lady's Formula Menopause Enhanced Formula has been increasingly chosen. 5 unique extracts of medicinal plants strengthened with the most essential vitamins and minerals during the menopause period.
In addition to eliminating the symptoms of menopause, maitake mushroom extract, “slimming fungus”, normalizes metabolic processes and prevents weight gain, and maca root moisturizes the vaginal mucosa, eliminating soreness and burning. The choice is yours, and expert opinion will help to make it!
In some cases, the doctor may prescribe antidepressant pills - they will help if the woman is often forced to undergo stressful situations or emotionally exhausted.
You can take to calm the nervous system can be drugs such as Corvalol or Barboval. A tincture of motherwort, valerian, peony is also suitable. These herbal preparations have a positive effect on overall well-being, reduce irritability and nervousness.
Of the latest innovations, the drug has proven itself well. Stop klimaks based on herbal extracts.
In any case, each medicine must be coordinated with your doctor, who can see the solution to the problem in the complex. Do not get involved in sedatives, so as not to harm the nervous system. Phytoestrogens also need to be taken only after a doctor's prescription, so that he can find the medicine based on your tests and general condition.
3 magic points that facilitate hot flashes during menopause
First point you can easily find it on the outside of your arm. The point we need is about 1.5 times the width of the palm of the shoulder. The point is very painful. Press it with your finger 3 times at regular intervals. First on one hand, then on the other. The pain will have to suffer. More than three times you do not need to press.
Second point located on the outside of the legs. Stand up straight, stretch your arms "at the seams." Where the middle finger touches the foot, and there is a second magic point. She is extremely sensitive and extremely painful too. Press the middle fingers on the points 3 times at once on both legs. No need to repeat, one approach is enough.
And finally the third magical point located on top of the pubic bone. It is not as painful as the first and second, but slight pain is still present. Place three fingers on top of the pubic bone and press 3 times at regular intervals. More than three times do not need.
The procedure - simple and effective - is over. If you do everything right, you will save yourself from climacteric agony and preserve your health, improve your well-being and return to a normal active life.
Do not retreat before tides - their influence can be reduced. What I sincerely wish you!
What is hot flashes during menopause
The period of menopause is characterized by aging of the ovaries. The body stops the production of female hormones in sufficient quantities, affecting the process of thermoregulation. Hormones and the central nervous system take the main part in stabilizing the body temperature. Changes in environmental conditions are transmitted to the brain through thermoreceptors (nerve endings) of the skin and internal organs.
Signals that regulate the intensity of metabolism and blood circulation from the hypothalamus are transmitted by hormones. Maintaining optimal body temperature depends on the amount of perspiration, the state of muscles and blood vessels. Failure of the hormonal system leads to a distortion of the signals, resulting in women have hot flashes. They are characterized by excessive sweating, increased heat in the upper part of the body. Attacks are accompanied by:
Sweat can be so intense that the woman needs a change of clothes. During the day, the tides during menopause can be repeated several times. Irritability, constant fatigue, loss of efficiency arise as a result of sleep disorders. Night tides in women cause insomnia, which affects mood and well-being.
Symptoms of hot flashes with menopause
The occurrence of hot flashes due to hormonal changes in the woman's body. Representatives of the weaker sex may experience symptoms such as:
- disruptions of the heartbeat,
- dryness, vulnerability, vaginal thinning, loss of desire for sexual intimacy,
- excessive sweat at night
- weakness, chills, insomnia or drowsiness, shortness of breath,
- excessive irritability, frequent mood swings, anxiety,
- weight gain, genital itching, painful urination.
Factors that increase hot flashes in women with menopause
Experts identify the following causes of hot flashes during menopause: hormonal imbalance, changes in the functionality of the appendages. The following factors affect the frequency and degree of their intensity:
- air temperature, climatic features of the area,
- prolonged stay in a stuffy, poorly ventilated room
- the use of coffee, salty and spicy foods, alcoholic drinks that stimulate blood circulation, stimulate the nervous system, provoke excessive heat in the body,
- the use of drugs for weight loss with fat burning effect, increasing the metabolic rate,
- constant stress, anxiety, anxiety at work or at home,
- use during menopause of drugs that increase blood pressure, accelerating the pulse and blood circulation,
- wearing non-season clothes made of synthetic fabrics,
- Exercise excessive intensity.
How to relieve tides
To improve your well-being during menopause, a woman needs to follow a number of rules. It is necessary to control their physical form and the state of the immune system. This requires regular walks in the fresh air, sports. Activities contribute to:
- minimizing stress,
- strengthen blood vessels and heart,
- normalization of blood pressure.
To reduce the tides during menopause, it is important to choose the right clothes:
- Synthetic fabrics do not allow air to pass through, do not absorb perspiration, and impede heat transfer.
- It is recommended to choose natural materials. Clothes made from such fabrics are easier for a woman to tolerate temperature fluctuations.
- During the tides, it is better to abandon things made of wool with a high collar.
- Choose loose-fitting clothing with a front zip or button closure.
In case of tides, it is recommended to take a shower if possible. Water will wash away sweat, reduce body temperature, have a relaxing effect. An important condition for good health during menopause is proper rest. It is necessary to refuse to eat too much at night, to watch programs of alarming content, to ensure a healthy sleep. By reducing stress, you can prevent mood swings, excessive irritability, fatigue.
Peculiarities of nutrition during menopause
Properly formed, the diet of a woman with menopause will help more easily carry hot flashes and other manifestations. Tips:
- The menu should prevail full and light food.
- Experts recommend consuming fruits and vegetables in large quantities. They contain a lot of fiber and vitamins.
- As a source of calcium should be included in the diet of dairy products.
- Fish rich in vitamin D helps to improve the absorption of magnesium, which normalizes nervous activity.
- The menu should include rye bread and walnuts. Products help to cope with insomnia, mood swings, irritability.
- Potassium, which is necessary for the proper functioning of the heart, can be gathered from dried fruits, nuts, and beans.
Women over 45 are advised to eat foods rich in the following vitamins:
- A - used as an antioxidant, strengthens the immune system. The substance is contained in parsley, eggs, carrots, milk, butter, liver.
- Groups B (B1, B6) - designed to relieve anxiety, normalize sleep, improve mood. Vitamins are in banana, avocado, nuts, peas, leafy vegetables. Add buckwheat and oatmeal to the diet.
- C - participates in the process of thermoregulation. Ascorbic acid is found in large quantities in dogrose, apricots, citrus fruits, black currants, tomatoes, Bulgarian pepper.
- D - needed for the absorption of magnesium and calcium. You can get the substance by eating eggs, fatty fish, cod liver, seafood, milk, cheese, butter.
- E - stimulates the production of progesterone and estrogen, the activity of the ovaries, regulates blood pressure, improves the condition of blood vessels. Beans, green peas, potatoes, brown rice, and avocados are rich in this vitamin.
Pharmaceutical preparations for menopause from hot flashes
In order to improve the patient's quality of life during menopause, doctors may prescribe hormonal medications that can increase the level of estrogen in the body. To combat stresses, sleep disorders, excessive sweating, characteristic of hot flashes, non-hormonal drugs are used. Relieve discomfort will help the following groups of drugs:
- non-hormonal (herbal, homeopathic, sedative).
Hormonal agents contribute to the restoration of estrogen. The drugs in this group will help to deal with the manifestations of hot flashes, reduce other symptoms of menopause (vaginal dryness, cardiovascular disorders, osteoporosis, pressure spikes). The downside of hormone therapy is a large list of side effects:
- increased risk of cancer,
- the probability of thrombosis of blood vessels
- disruptions of metabolic processes in the body,
- weight gain.
Before treatment, the patient must be examined to ensure that there are no contraindications. Among the hormonal drugs often prescribed combined means of the new generation:
- Klimonorm - used to relieve bouts of excessive sweating and fever, helps reduce nervous irritability, eliminate dizziness, headaches, cope with insomnia. The composition of the drug is a combination of estrogen and progesterone.
- Cyclo-Proginova - has a calming effect on the nervous system, normalizes the pulse, eliminates insomnia, dizziness and other symptoms of autonomic disorders.
- Triaklim - has a combined effect aimed at reducing the symptoms of menopause (hot flashes, neuropsychiatric disorders).
Non-hormonal - effective drugs that do not cause serious side effects. Use them should be women who have contraindications to steroid hormone therapy. This group is represented by a wide range of drugs:
- Herbal preparations - action based on the content of phytohormones. Substances of natural origin, capable of replacing steroids when they are deficient or reduce the effects of excessive content. Their disadvantage is a weaker effect compared to hormonal drugs. This group includes Estrovel, Klimadinon, Inoklim, Tribestan, Chi-Klim.
- Homeopathic - a distinctive feature of the means is that the composition includes microscopic doses of therapeutic substances. To achieve the healing effect of drugs need to take a long time. Homeopathic remedies contribute to the revitalization of a woman’s own body. Among them are recommended: Klimaktoplan (stimulates the production of estrogen by adipose tissue, regulates their content, prevents the development of tumors), Klimakt-khel (struggles with migraines, dizziness, neurotic disorders during menopause).
- Complexes of vitamins and minerals - used to replenish the supply of nutrients, stimulate the functioning of the heart and nervous system. Such drugs are required for every woman with menopause to get rid of hot flashes and depressive states, to improve overall well-being. It is recommended to use the following complexes: Menopace (contains vitamins E, D, A, group B, boron, sodium, chromium, calcium, iodine, selenium, potassium, manganese), Ladys formula Menopause (composed of nicotine acid, vitamin E, selenium, chromium , magnesium, boron).
- Antidepressants (Sertralin, Prozac, Paroxetine, Venlafaxine) - affect the transmission of nerve impulses to the brain. Drugs can be addictive, so you should consult your doctor before use.
- Sedative medicines (Velafaxin, Efevelon, Persen, Novopassit) - help relieve stress and normalize sleep for women with menopause.
- Antiepileptic drugs (Gabagamma, Katena) - relax the nervous system, help reduce hot flashes.
- Hypotensive (Enap, Clophelin) - normalize blood pressure, heart rate.
Folk remedies for tides during menopause in women
To relieve the unpleasant symptoms that occur during menopause, natural medicines are suitable. To cope with the tides will help the following recipes of traditional medicine:
- Infusion of sage. To prepare means is required 1 time each 2 days. In boiling water of 1 l, place 3 tbsp. l sage Leave the liquid with the grass on fire for another 3 minutes. Then strain the product and pour into a glass container. It is necessary to drink home remedies for hot flashes with menopause 1 tbsp. 3 times / day. The course of therapy is 60 days. After a month's break, treatment is allowed to repeat. Sage will help relieve discomfort during hot flashes, reduce fear and anxiety.
- Herbal collection. In equal quantities, mix the chopped valerian root, chamomile flowers, oregano and peppermint leaves. In a 1 liter thermos, place 3 tbsp. l received collection, fill with hot water. Medical tea you need to drink 1 tbsp. 3-4 times / day. The drug has no restrictions on the duration of admission. It is recommended after 30 days of therapy to reduce the concentration, using 1 tbsp. l collection on 1 liter of water. Herbal tea has a positive effect on the nervous system, helps normalize blood pressure indicators, and improves sleep. Oregano, which is a part, has choleretic and anti-inflammatory effects, improves the tone of the muscles of the uterus.
- Infusion of milk thistle and horsetail. It is necessary to take 100 g of each plant and mix. Pour 1 liter of boiling water 5 tbsp. l the resulting composition. It takes 5 days to infuse the remedy, after which the home remedy should be drained. Store the drug should be in the refrigerator. Women are advised to drink 50 ml of infusion 5 times / day. The course of treatment is 20 days. After a break of 1 month, therapy can be repeated. The components of the infusion help to normalize blood circulation, to clean the liver of harmful substances, to prevent inflammation of the urinary tract.
Medical expert articles
The hot wave that covers the face and upper half of the body, profuse sweating, rapid heartbeat are familiar to four out of five women who celebrated their 50th anniversary. These tides are a condition provoked by the hormonal rearrangement of the female body, a kind of farewell to the childbearing age. Their onset, duration, frequency of appearance, and severity are very individual. For some, the tides begin before menopause, for some - after, they stop quickly enough or periodically recur for many years, causing discomfort not only of physical, but also of psychological nature.
Causes of tides during menopause
The causes of this phenomenon are not fully understood, it is assumed that it is caused by a low level of estrogen - sex steroid hormones. A low indicator of hormones of this group is normal for girls at puberty, however, they do not have hot flashes. Probably, the answer to the question about the causes of hot flashes is more common, and it is still early to put a dot in it.
In fertile (child-bearing) age, the sex hormones are produced mainly by the ovaries of a woman. In a much smaller volume, they are also produced by the adrenal glands, which after the onset of menopause remain the only producers of estrogen. This group of hormones includes estradiol, estriol and estrone, which is also produced during menopause. The body begins to rebuild, to work in a state of estrogen deficiency. This provokes the development of a number of not too pleasant symptoms - hot flashes, increased nervousness, and sudden mood swings.
The tidal mechanism during menopause works as follows: estrogen deficiency causes, in the hypothalamus responsible for thermoregulation, an erroneous signal of overheating of the body. In response, he responds by releasing substances that act like adrenaline — the heart rate increases, blood flows through the dilated vessels to the face and upper body, and intense sweating begins. This condition is called "hot flashes", it is triggered by the ovarian function dying away and, consequently, the hormonal alteration of the body.
The course of menopausal syndrome, according to specialists, is significantly influenced by the lifestyle of a woman. Less intensively, and sometimes completely unnoticed, the restructuring of the body occurs in women who lead an active lifestyle.
Some drugs, emotional state, and bad habits (smoking, drinking) can serve as a factor in intensifying hot flashes. A heat attack, hot food and drinks, spicy and salty foods, caffeine can provoke another seizure.
Among the reasons that aggravate the course of menopausal syndrome, frequent flushes and a long time of their periodic appearance, called early natural menopause, as well as - caused by surgical intervention or drug therapy.
, , , , ,
Diagnosis of tides during menopause
If the tides do not cause much inconvenience, women rarely go to the doctor with this problem. But the pathological course of menopause, accompanied by frequent intense tides - this is a reason to seek medical help from a gynecologist. Diagnosis is usually based on complaints from patients whose age approaches the standard for the onset of menopause. During this period, comorbidities usually become more acute, overlaying the clinical picture, which complicates diagnosis. Therefore, it is usually necessary for a woman to consult other specialists - an endocrinologist, a rheumatologist, a cardiologist, a psychotherapist, and other specialists as necessary.
For objective diagnostics, the necessary tests for estradiol blood levels, estradiol to estrone ratio, follicle-stimulating, luteinizing and other hormones, histology of uterine endometrial scraping, cytology of vaginal smears are carried out. In addition to tests that confirm the presence of age-related hormonal changes, clinical and biochemical blood tests are prescribed. A blood glucose test or thyroid hormone level can be prescribed.
Depending on the presence of comorbidities, the doctor prescribes appropriate examinations. Instrumental diagnostics may include ultrasound, including transvaginal, mammography, electrocardiogram, rheoencephalography, electroencephalography.
, , , , ,
Treatment of hot flashes with menopause
The state of the female body in the extinction of reproductive function can hardly be called a disease, since no woman can avoid it, although not everyone is considered healthy during this period. Hormonal treatment (hormone-replacing) is considered the most effective way to treat estrogen deficiency, because by replenishing it and eliminating hot flashes, it improves the quality of life of a woman. Replacement of sex hormones is indicated in the case of pronounced menopausal disorders - hot flashes, night sweats, cardiac rhythm disturbances, insomnia, signs of a depressive state, increased fatigue, and atrophy of urogenital organs.
Drug hormone replacement therapy is carried out in three main regimens: estrogen or progestogen monotherapy, complex estrogen and progestogen therapy, combined estrogen therapy in combination with androgens. Hormonal treatment is carried out only on prescription. The regimen and treatment regimen is selected individually, taking into account the benefit / risk ratio, the minimum dosages of the drug are used to achieve the optimal level of hormones, ensuring simultaneous improvement of the condition and the absence of side effects. The patient annually monitors the thickness of the endometrium and the condition of the mammary glands.
Contraindications to the appointment of hormone replacement treatment: malignant neoplasms of the mammary glands or female genital organs (cash or previously transferred), endometrial hyperplasia, unspecified bleeding, venous (arterial) thrombosis, severe arterial hypertension, acute hepatic pathology, porphyria, sensitization, porphyria, sensitization, severe sensitization, severe arterial hypertension, acute liver disease, porphyria, sensitization, porphyria, acute sensitization, severe arterial hypertension, acute hepatic pathology, porphyria, acute sensitization, porphyria, sensitization. Hormone therapy is not primarily prescribed for women over 65 years of age. It is recommended to start treatment of hot flushes with hormones during the time preceding menopause and early postmenopause.
Side effects of hormone replacement treatment: with prolonged (for five years or more) hormonal preparations, the possibility of malignant tumors of the mammary gland increases. To prevent this risk when taking estrogen inside progestogens are prescribed, intravaginally or intrauterinely.
With a tendency to thrombosis, the development of thromboembolism is likely, which is typical for the first year of therapy. Women from this risk group are assigned parenteral drugs: estrogen patches, gels, and intrauterine (vaginal) administration of progestogens.
The positive effect of hormone replacement therapy is reflected in a decrease in the intensity and frequency of hot flashes in more than 90% of women, which is also accompanied by an improvement in the mental state, appearance (skin, hair), a decrease in urogenital symptoms, and an improvement in calcium absorption by bone tissue.
A very extensive list of drugs is used for hormone replacement therapy, for example:
- Femoston, Divina, Klimonorm, Klinorette, Klimen-Combi, Triaclim tablets are complex drugs containing estradiol valerate and a progestogen component (didrogesterone, noretisterone, medroxyprogesterone),
- local hormonal preparations: Divigel, Estrogel gels, Estrokad suppositories, Estradiol gel and plaster.
However, even in cases where a woman has no contraindications to hormone replacement therapy, it is better to first use hormone-free treatment. Pharmacies present phytopreparations containing plant substances similar in structure and action to the main sex hormone of a mature woman - 17-beta-estradiol. Phytoestrogens, which include isoflavones, coumestanes and lignans, as well as mycoestrogens produced by parasitic fungi soften the effects of estrogen deficiency, reducing the intensity and frequency of tides.
At the end of the last century, as a result of various comparative studies of the incidence of different peoples depending on lifestyle and nutrition, it was suggested that Asians practically do not feel tides, since phytoestrogens predominate in their diet. The hypothesis that they can have a "balancing" effect on both the deficiency and the excess of sex hormones is still under study. Their side effects are not yet fully understood. However, the fact that they affect the hormones, no doubt. As far as phytoestrogens are useful and whether they can replace hormone replacement therapy, there is no concrete answer yet. The positive results of a number of studies have given impetus to the production of herbal remedies to facilitate menopausal manifestations. In particular, the frequency of hot flushes is reduced by 45%. True, the same study explains about 70% of positive results with a placebo effect. However, this is not bad at all, because the placebo effect is not exactly threatened by adverse reactions.
There is evidence that isoflavones, as well as estrogens, reduce the likelihood of cardiovascular pathologies and the development of osteoporosis, and also bind free radicals. Their action is still being studied, and new abilities are constantly being discovered, most of which have not yet been interpreted. In particular, in some studies it is noted that a number of phytoestrogens reduce the likelihood of occurrence and inhibit the growth of malignant tumors.
To eliminate or mitigate menopausal manifestations: hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, neurosis, accompanied by increased excitability or depression of the psyche, preparations containing phytoestrogens are used. These drugs are sold in pharmacies without a prescription, however, it is advisable to get medical advice before using them.
Klimadinon Available in tablets and drops for oral administration. The active component is rhizome extract of cimicifuga, a stimulant of the estrogen receptor of the hypothalamus Reduces the effect of estrogen deficiency in the period preceding menopause, and later, reducing the frequency and intensity of hot flashes, normalizing the emotional background and vascular system, metabolic processes in bone tissue, contributes to the restoration of the vaginal epithelium.
The active component of the drug does not stimulate the growth and reproduction of endometrial cells and estrogen-dependent malignant formation of the mammary glands, which differs from hormonal preparations.
Contraindicated in sensitization to the ingredients and in estrogen-dependent diseases. It rarely causes side effects in the form of a feeling of tension in the mammary glands, pain in the abdomen, vaginal discharge.
The recommended dosages of Klimadinon Uno tableted forms (one unit per day before bedtime), Klimadinon (one unit in the morning and evening). Swallow with plenty of water. Drops are not diluted, take 30 drops in the morning and evening, you can swallow or drip on a piece of sugar. The effect of the drug becomes noticeable after two weeks from the start of therapy, the duration of administration is individual. Without medical recommendations, you can take no more than three months.
Reduces or eliminates menopausal manifestations of the drug Simidona forte (Simidona uno) with a similar active ingredient.
Vegetable origin have drops in menopause Tazalok. Their active ingredient is a mixture containing fresh roots of curled parsley, celery and six-petal meadowsweet, yellow porridge, wild flax and calendula flowers. It has a normalizing effect on the production of natural gonadotropic hormones, the ratio of estrogen and gestagen. A positive effect on the cells of the mammary glands, uterus and ovaries, prevents dysplastic changes in these tissues. It has a relaxing, mild analgesic effect, regulates hormonal background, which favorably affects the condition of patients suffering from menopausal syndrome. Not prescribed for component intolerance. It is taken orally, three times a day, diluting 30-40 drops in half a glass of water. Reception duration not less than three months.
In addition to drugs that regulate hormonal levels during hot flashes, the doctor may prescribe antihypertensive drugs, since hot flashes are often triggered by hypertension.
Soothing medications are prescribed to relieve anxiety, anxiety, eliminate insomnia. Due to their effect on the body, the intensity and frequency of tides is reduced.
Anti-depressants in low dosages are prescribed at high tides, complicated by depressive disorders, tearfulness, anxiety.
When the tides, accompanied by menopausal neurosis, apply novocaine (2%). When it enters the blood, it is decomposed by plasma of blood and tissues, resulting in the formation of para-aminobenzoic acid, which stimulates the reproductive system, the thyroid gland, and other endocrine glands.
Injections are made with a freshly prepared solution of novocaine (2% to 5% glucose solution), starting with 3-5 ml every other day. Each time the dose is increased by 1 mg, bringing to 10 mg. The course of therapy includes 12 injections, taking a break of ten days, it can be repeated, if necessary, another two or three times. Some experts point out that Novocain therapy reduces the number of tides and their intensity.
A good effect can give active vitamin therapy with ascorbic acid, B vitamins, retinol and tocopherol.
However, we should not forget that the prescribing physician must necessarily prescribe medication drugs for treating hot flashes, given their severity and concomitant diseases.
Physiotherapy treatment (hydrotherapy, treatment with currents d'Arsenval, franklinization, ultraviolet radiation, radiotherapy) can give a good result in the treatment of hot flushes, simultaneously eliminating headaches, irritability, normalizing sleep.
Therapeutic physical training, toning the entire body system, can be prescribed for menopausal disorders in the absence of special contraindications for women.
Alternative treatment of hot flashes with menopause
In climacteric disorders, popular treatment is widely used. The simplest recommendation is to raise your hands at the very beginning of the tide, and if possible, lower your legs into hot water.
When night sweats before bedtime it is recommended to take a pine bath or a bath with lavender, they have a sedative effect, normalize sleep, which has a positive effect on the intensity and frequency of tides. Ready-made essential oils can be added to the bath.
Herbal treatment is very effective. The high content of flavonoids in the herb of sage medicinal makes it indispensable in cases of intense and frequent hot flashes, night sweats, nervousness, irritability, in addition, it stimulates the immune system, improves memory, attention and promotes skin rejuvenation. In the morning you can drink sage tea: brew a glass of boiling water with a single sprig of herbs or a teaspoon of powdered dry raw materials. Tea is drunk three times a day for two weeks, then a break for two weeks and the course is repeated again.
You can brew tea from equal parts of sage and linden. This tea has a pleasant taste and aroma, and linden contains flavone glycosides, ascorbic acid, carotene, has a mild sedative, analgesic, pronounced anti-inflammatory effect.
Can be effective herbal tea, brewed from the collection of herbs: peppermint and rhizomes of valerian (30g) mixed with two tablespoons of chamomile drug. Take two tablespoons of the mixture, pour in a thermos and brew boiling water (500ml). After three hours, strain and drink a glass for a quarter of an hour before breakfast and dinner.
Flavonoids also contain horsetail, besides that it is rich in vitamins and trace elements. With it you can brew tea, use it as a decoction. They drink horsetail drinks 15 minutes after eating. You can also take baths with it, which will relieve excessive sweating.
You can use horsetail as part of the collection in equal parts with sage and valerian. The broth from this collection drink several times a day, depending on the frequency of tides.
The use of teas with mint or melissa has a calming effect, sweetening them is better with honey. Teas with oregano and St. John's wort can be used as an antidepressant.
Homeopathy can be of great help in treating menopausal syndrome with hot flashes of varying severity. Pharmacies offer complex homeopathic medicines for treating pre- and menopausal disorders.
Climactoplan, contains in the composition of homeopathic dilutions of extracts of tsimitsifugi (normalizes the nervous system, reduces the frequency and intensity of hot flushes), sepia (stabilizes the synthesis of hormones by the adrenal glands, pituitary and ovaries), Ignatia (reduces sweating, fatigue, headache), sanguinaria (suppresses hot flushes, hyperemia) , tachycardia, migraine). Contraindicated in sensitization to the components of the drug. Tablets are taken sublingually one or two half an hour before meals or one hour after. Can be combined with other drugs. Overdose is not fixed.
Remens available in pills and drops, has a normalizing hormonal balance effect on the system of the hypothalamus-pituitary-ovaries. Eliminates hot flushes, night sweats, sleep disturbances, irritation, anxiety, depression, as well as inflammatory processes in the pelvic organs, hypertensive and other cardiovascular disorders. Contraindicated in sensitization to the ingredients, very rarely can cause increased salivation. Recommended regimen: on the first or second day, take one tablet or 10 drops eight times a day, then switch to the same dose three times a day, with therapeutic improvement you can take this dose twice a day. Drops taken undiluted or slightly diluted form, before swallowing - hold in the mouth. Compatible with any drugs.
Classical homeopathy for the treatment of hot flashes involves the use of more than forty drugs, the main of them: Lachesis (Lachesis), Glonoinum (Glonoinum), Sanguinaria (Sanguinaria), Sepia (Sepia). These drugs are used in the combination of pharmacy drugs recommended for menopausal disorders. To get individual appointments that will be as effective as possible for a particular woman, you need to consult a homeopathic doctor.
, , , , ,
Ayurveda for menopause and hot flashes
The ancient medical system Ayurveda correlates the years of old age with the wind (Vata). This period of life corresponds to irritability, anxiety, insomnia, depressive mood. Treatment of the state of transition to old age consists in reducing the influence of Vata. Recommended tonic sexual herbal products:
- aloe juice, containing a vitamin-mineral complex, organic acids, flavonoids, enzymes that have a beneficial effect on the body and its protective forces,
- Asparagus, or Shatavari, which has the ability to maintain a normal balance of female sex hormones, heal and rejuvenate the skin, as well as virtually all organs and tissues,
- Crocus pistils stigmas or saffron are a unique means of cleansing the blood and contributing to the production of serotonin (the hormone of joy)
- ashwagandha - slows down the aging process, activates energy metabolism, promotes cellular tissue renewal, has a positive effect on memory, nervous system, sexual function.
There are ready-made preparations of Ayurvedic medicine, addressed to women suffering from hot flushes and other unpleasant menopausal disorders, for example, the composition of Shatavari.
To eliminate or weaken menopausal syndrome, it is recommended to take fresh aloe juice three times a day - one tablespoon per reception.
Calcium (1.2 g), magnesium (0.6 g), zinc (0.06 g) are recommended to be taken overnight, which also not only reduces the intensity of tides, but also prevents calcium deficiency.
When a woman feels that the tide is approaching, you need to drink a cup of pomegranate juice with a teaspoon of natural sugar (lollipop powder) and ten drops of lime juice dissolved in it. This drink can be drunk several times a day.
A mixture of shatavari and wild yam has an effective effect. Mix half a teaspoon of powder of these herbs and swallow twice a day (after lunch and dinner), washed down with warm water, even better - aloe juice.
The main part of the diet should be vegetables, including raw - in the form of salads. It has been established that fans of vegetarianism practically do not suffer from tides. Probably phytosterols contained in plant foods, help to cope with age-related hormonal changes.
It is advisable to replace the morning coffee with green tea. Coffee stimulates the nervous system, green tea has a softer effect, it helps to get rid of toxins, free radicals, contains vitamins, minerals.
In the pre-and post-menopausal periods, the reserves of vitamins, trace elements, especially calcium, magnesium, and potassium are seriously depleted. Consequently, the diet should contain products containing them: fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grain bread, dairy products, fish, lean meat. Do not eat hot drinks and food, alcohol, spicy dishes. All this can trigger hot flashes.
To restore psychological and emotional balance, it is recommended to contribute to the production of serotonin with the help of such uplifting products as chocolate, dates, dried apricots, bananas, oatmeal, red sweet peppers.
However, do not be zealous, especially in the presence of extra pounds of weight. You need to monitor the calorie content of your menu, avoid fried, reduce the amount of food per serving and use more high-calorie meals in the morning. Salty lovers need to limit the amount of salt.
It is advisable to include in your diet soy products - meat, milk, tofu.
The mechanism of tides, symptoms
During menopause in the aging process, the ovaries no longer produce a sufficient amount of female sex hormones, which affects the functioning of the thermoregulation system. The central nervous system and hormones play a major role in regulating body temperature. Any change in ambient temperature is captured by the nerve endings (thermoreceptors) of the skin and internal organs and transmitted to the brain (the center of thermoregulation is located in the hypothalamus).
From here, hormones give signals that regulate blood circulation and metabolism. Normal body temperature is maintained by increasing or decreasing sweating, narrowing or expanding blood vessels, compressing or relaxing muscles. Hormonal failure leads to distortion of signals. Therefore, for no apparent reason, the woman suddenly begins to flush: increased sweating, sensation of heat in the upper part of the body. When this occurs, an accelerated heartbeat, weakness. Often there is nausea, dizziness, anxiety. After a few minutes, the fever gives way to chills.
Sweating is so strong that you want to change clothes. This condition can be repeated several times during the day. If the tides during menopause bother at night, then the woman appears insomnia. Lack of full sleep affects mood. Irritability and fatigue leads to decreased performance.
The main cause of tides during menopause is a change in hormonal levels. Naturally, women come to the attending physician with questions about whether they will soon have tides, how to get rid of them as soon as possible. As a rule, there is no exact answer. The frequency and intensity of such attacks, as well as all other manifestations, depend on the characteristics of the organism, emotional state, lifestyle.
The effect of tidal manifestations is influenced by the following factors:
- ambient temperature (climate of the area, time of year),
- living and working conditions (hot flashes are worse if the woman is in a poorly ventilated, smoky room),
- eating spicy and salty foods, as well as alcoholic beverages and coffee, stimulating the nervous system, stimulating blood circulation, enhancing the excretion of heat in the body,
- taking fat burning drugs for weight loss, enhancing metabolism,
- use in the period of menopause medications that accelerate blood circulation, increase heart rate and increase pressure,
- strong excitement, stressful situations at home and at work,
- the choice of the wrong clothes (not according to the season or from synthetic materials),
- excessive exercise.
How can you relieve tides
First of all, care must be taken to maintain physical fitness and immunity. Hiking, sports, staying in the open air allow you to get rid of stress and depression during menopause, train your heart and blood vessels, normalize blood pressure.
Clothing is very important. Synthetic materials do not let the air through, making it difficult to release heat. In addition, they do not absorb sweat, which contributes to the appearance of an unpleasant smell. In clothes made from natural materials, it is easier to tolerate changes in body temperature. If the menopause is disturbed by hot flashes, then it is recommended to abandon warm woolen clothes with high and closed collars. Clothing should be sufficiently loose, preferably with a button closure or a zipper in the front. It is advisable to dress so that you can easily remove some of the things.
It is recommended during high tides, if possible, take a shower. This procedure will help to sweat, it helps to reduce body temperature, and also has a relaxing effect on the nervous system.
Of great importance is a good rest and healthy sleep. It is not recommended to overeat at night, watch TV shows alarming content. It is easier to carry the tides, to maintain composure helps yoga classes, breathing exercises and other relaxing procedures.
Addition: During hot flashes, much fluid is lost from sweat. Dehydration of the body increases the unpleasant symptoms, causes headache, dry mouth. To alleviate the condition with menopause, it is recommended to use at least 2 liters of water per day. A bottle of water and a fan should always be on hand. This will help to more easily carry unpleasant manifestations of hot flashes.
The value of vitamins and nutrition during menopause
In a woman who suffers hot flashes with menopause and other symptoms, proper nutrition plays an important role. Food should be light and full. It is recommended to use more fruits and vegetables, as they are rich in vitamins, contain fiber, which improves digestion.
Dairy products are an indispensable source of calcium, which is necessary for strengthening bone and dental tissue. Fish and seafood contain vitamin D, without which the absorption of magnesium is impossible. This element is involved in the regulation of the nervous system.
You must eat walnuts, rye bread and other foods containing magnesium. This will help in the fight against insomnia and irritability. Potassium is necessary for normal heart function (it is abundant in nuts, dried fruits, and beans).
After consulting with a doctor, you can take complexes that contain both essential minerals and vitamins, the lack of which worsens health, aggravates the manifestations of menopause. Especially important for women after 45 years are these vitamins:
- E - stimulates the activity of the ovaries, the production of estrogen and progesterone. It is necessary to improve the condition of blood vessels, blood pressure regulation. Brown rice, beans, potatoes, avocados, green peas are especially rich in this vitamin.
- B1 and B6 - to relieve anxiety, improve sleep and mood. These vitamins are found in oatmeal and buckwheat groats, nuts, bananas, leafy vegetables, peas, avocados.
- D - for the absorption of calcium and magnesium. The main sources are eggs, fatty fish, butter, cheese, fish caviar, milk.
- C - participates in the process of thermoregulation of the body. It is found in citrus fruits, black currants, dogrose, tomatoes, apricots, bell peppers.
- And - is an antioxidant. It is necessary to strengthen the immune system. Contained in liver, butter, eggs, whole milk, as well as in carrots, pumpkin, parsley.
Treatment of hot flashes, irritability and other manifestations of menopause
If minor ailments are not very disturbed, then it is recommended to take vitamins as a preventive measure. They are useful during menopause, not only because they help get rid of hot flashes, but also strengthen the body's defenses. Such means help to overcome stressful situations easier, to struggle with depression.
Taking vitamins, you can slow down the aging process of the body, smooth the manifestations of hot flashes during menopause. They help to care for skin, hair, keep healthy teeth. Pleasant appearance, young appearance uplifting, give an incentive to lead an active life. At the same time, psycho-emotional loads and tides that appear during this period are more easily tolerated.
Use of hormone replacement therapy to relieve hot flashes
Hormonal changes taking place, fatigue and nervous tension, a depressed state of mind contribute to the emergence of serious diseases of the mammary glands, cardiovascular disorders, and a persistent increase in blood pressure. As a result of frequent and prolonged hot flashes and the accompanying depletion of the nervous system, the likelihood of such diseases increases.
In these cases, only a doctor can help. After examination and clarification of the nature of deviations in health status, treatment is prescribed with the help of special preparations. To do this, use hormone replacement therapy, which affect the content in the body of female sex hormones. Apply this method of treatment is not always possible. Before prescribing replacement therapy, a blood test is conducted to examine the general health condition of the patient to relieve hot flashes.
This treatment does not apply if there are cancers (breast, uterus, skin), as well as vascular diseases (thrombophlebitis, for example) or diseases associated with impaired immunity. HRT is not prescribed in the presence of pathologies in the liver, pancreas. Hormonal drugs are not used to treat hot flashes with menopause, if a woman has heavy bleeding associated with impaired ovarian function, endometrial diseases, and uterine myoma. The method does not apply to severe deviations in the work of the heart.
Such funds are used only as prescribed by a doctor, a woman’s condition is checked 1-2 times a year. Pre-established hormone levels in the blood. Before the use of hormonal drugs is done mammography, ultrasound of the mammary glands and organs of the small pelvis, a cardiological examination is carried out. Blood coagulability is checked.
Most HRT drugs are used in the form of tablets or dragees (Estrovel, Individual, Klimonorm, Ovestin, Norcolut, and others). For treatment, use the patch "Klimara", which is pasted in the spine or on the buttocks. The drugs are also available in the form of gels (estrozhel).
In some cases, if there are contraindications to the use of hormone therapy, the doctor prescribes antidepressants (ephevelon, Velaxin, adepress and others) to relieve hot flashes. They reduce the frequency of attacks of heat and sweating due to the impact on the blood vessels.
The use of phytohormones in menopause
Often for the treatment of hot flashes, as well as women's diseases, drugs are used, which include phytohormones. These substances are of vegetable origin. They are not hormones, but act on the body like estrogen and progesterone. Such means are the most suitable for those women who do not dare to be treated by methods of hormonal therapy, knowing that synthetic hormonal drugs after 5 years of use often lead to oncological diseases. In addition, for menopause, they are suitable for patients for whom hormone replacement therapy is contraindicated.
Phytohormones, getting into the body, increase or decrease the activity of estrogen, depending on their content in the body. Phytoestrogens are found in herbal products: red grapes, pomegranates, dates, carrots, apples, whole grains of wheat, rice, beans. For the manufacture of medicines are also used herbs (red clover, sage).
The use of products or preparations containing phytoestrogens, reduces the frequency and duration of hot flashes during menopause, reduce sweating. They have a calming effect, help get rid of irritability. Such means reduce pressure, a positive effect on the cardiovascular system.
A warning: We should not forget that plants and drugs based on them cause a strong allergic reaction. Therefore, treatment of hot flashes with herbal preparations is not suitable for everyone. Before you buy medicine, you should consult with your doctor.
Qi-Klim. The preparation contains the root of Rhodiola four parts (red brush). This tool can restore the normal ratio of hormones, so that not only will the degree of manifestation of hot flashes and other symptoms of menopause decrease, but also the immunity will be strengthened. The drug has anti-inflammatory effect, helps reduce blood cholesterol levels.
Klimadinon - means of estrogen-like action. The composition includes an extract of the herbaceous plant cimicifugu (snake root). When used, the frequency and intensity of the tides decreases.
Ladys formula "Menopause" - a vitamin complex on a vegetable basis. Made using passiflora extract. Contains vitamins E and a group of vitamins B, as well as mineral components: boron, magnesium and others.
Remens - homeopathic tonic effect. The composition contains an extract of cimicifugu, rhizome sanguinaria, sepia (ink cuttlefish), lachesis (snake venom). It is used to compensate for estrogen deficiency, relieve menopause symptoms, including hot flashes.
Bath sage infusion
During hot flashes, the following procedure helps well: as soon as the sensation of heat appears, you must put your feet in a basin of hot water. In this case, the hands must be raised up. Body temperature quickly returns to normal due to the expansion of blood vessels and increased blood flow. The procedure helps to reduce pressure.
An effective way to relax the nervous system, eliminate anxiety, improve sleep, and reduce the frequency and duration of hot flashes is a sage infusion bath (7 tablespoons of 1.5 liter boiling water). After straining the infusion is added to a water bath (temperature 37 ° -40 °). The duration of such a procedure is 10-15 minutes. Bath take before bedtime.
Tides during menopause - what is it?
Hot flashes are sudden, wave-like hot flashes in women during menopause. In the hypothalamus there is a thermoregulation center responsible for saving and redistributing heat in the body. Due to the lack of estrogens, the body perceives a sharp fluctuation of the hormonal background as an abnormal phenomenon, as a result of which a heat impulse is transmitted reflexively, and causing a hot wave throughout the body.
The response of organs and systems to a sharp heat impulse is the cause of the occurrence of tide-related symptoms: arrhythmia, increased sweating, redness of the skin caused by vasodilation, subsequent body chills, anxiety, etc.
In most cases, the female body independently cope with the restructuring and after some time there is a stabilization of thermal processes and the normalization of the state.
Strong tides during menopause are not all. The intensity of thermal attacks is different, and in some cases, women practically do not experience unpleasant climacteric sensations.
However, every lady should be ready for such sensitive manifestations of menopause, be aware of the causes of their caller, the main signs and methods of treatment in order to be fully armed and not to panic in responsible situations.
Treatment of tides without hormones, drugs
In the period of menopause from hot flashes in women, moderate physical exertion and adherence to a dietary supplement work well. It is necessary to choose loose clothing from natural materials (viscose, linen, silk, cotton, bikes), carefully perform all hygiene procedures, follow the drinking regimen at 2.2 liters per day, avoid stressful situations, mental and physical overstrain, take vitamin and mineral complexes.
Long and sensitive flushes require the use of a specific therapy. The treatment strategy can be determined by the doctor watching you. Modern drugs for menopause from hot flashes are quite effective and can neutralize their destructive effect on the female body.
To avoid serious side effects, pharmaceuticals and drugs, especially hormonal drugs, and the regimen for treating menopausal disorders should be prescribed exclusively by a doctor.
What to do at high tide?
In the opinion of many patients, diaphragmatic breathing helps to calm down and recover. From the first seconds of the tide one should breathe deeply with the stomach, holding the breath before exhaling for 5-9 seconds.
- If possible, when feeling the heat, the legs are immersed in hot water (thus, the body's thermoregulation is normalized), and the arms are straight up.
- Be sure to carry water with you to be able to take a few sips during or after a heat attack.
- Inhale from the bottle or aromacolon the healing aroma of an essential oil, for example, citrus fruits, lavender, oregano.
Medications for menopause for hot flashes (without hormones)
Well proven non-hormonal preparations containing phytoestrogens. They are taken in the form of biologically active food supplements (dietary supplements) and other herbal remedies.
During the period of menopause, doctors recommend taking vitamin and mineral complexes that provide additional doses of B vitamins, ascorbic acid, tocopherol, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
Be sure to follow a diet, which is based on herbal products with a high content of fiber, pectins, vitamins and trace elements. The amount of protein foods in the diet is reduced, and the intake of carbohydrates is provided by a larger number of fruits, cereals, seeds and nuts.
Antidepressants are used under the supervision of a physician. They are prescribed in cases of increased tension and stressful situations. Sertralin, Paroxetine, Flukosetin help with tidal fluids.
Well work sedative drugs of plant origin, including tincture of peony, valerian, motherwort, infusions of these herbs, Corvalol, Barboval.
Often, homeopaths recommend Climactoplan, Lachesis and other homeopathic medicines to their patients.
How to get rid of hot flashes with menopause without medication?
Folk remedies for menopause from hot flashes provide significant assistance in improving the state of the nervous, cardiovascular and endocrine systems.
Aqueous and alcohol extracts from medicinal plants (herbal medicine), treatment with essential oils (aromatherapy), the use of various relaxation methods (yoga, meditation, sauna), homeopathy are popular.
The most common herbs for reducing the symptoms of menopause and intensity of tides are valerian root, motherwort, peony, horsetail, lemon balm leaves, peppermint, dried bread, blackberries, sage, hawthorn fruits. They are taken in the form of alcohol tinctures, teas, infusions of medical fees.
Aromatherapy to help with tides
A number of essential oils have a unique ability to restore the body during hormonal adjustment and can minimize the occurrence of hot flashes in a harmonious way. They effectively regulate the body's thermal regime, soothe the nervous system, relieve anxiety, irritability, tearfulness and weakness, improve sleep quality, normalize heartbeat, relieve neurosis and depression, relax the body and restore it after stress.
During menopause, aromatherapists recommend inhaling fumes using aroma lamps and cold inhalations of the following ethers: orange, bergamot, jasmine, chamomile, lavender, mint, lemon balm, oregano, sage, St. John's wort, yarrow.
Esters of geranium and roses help to eliminate hormonal disruption, clary sage and cypress help with increased perspiration and sensitive tides, while ylang-ylang, patchouli, neroli and sandalwood are effective at lower libido.
With these oils it is useful to take baths, include them in massage compositions, add to cosmetics, put on pulse points, carry out aromatherapy, use in the steam room during bath procedures.
Currently, the shelves of pharmacies are full of all sorts of newfangled means and attractive advertising posters. Do not forget that serious problems and a severe course of menopause are in the competence of experienced therapists, gynecologists, endocrinologists, and psychiatrists.
- The decision on what to take during menopause from tides should be weighed.
You should never rely on the advice of non-professionals. What helped your neighbor can be disastrous for you. Change your lifestyle, prolong youth and be healthy at any age!